31 December 2005

should auld acquaintance be forgot...

here's wishing you all a happy new year - and a happier party on the way to it.

i've never been the resolving type around this time of year, but i'm going to try a little of it this time around, since it seems to be the thing to do.

i resolve to be more honest with myself and with others around me.
i resolve to love the way i wish to be loved.
i resolve to take better care of the body god so graciously gave me.
i resolve to take better care of the relationships go so graciously gave me.
i resolve to be real in examining my needs versus my desires.

i resolve to read and re-read this as often as i may need to in order to keep these resolutions. hehe

good luck to you all on yours should you choose to make them.
otherwise, good luck to you for the coming year in general.

should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne?
for auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll tak a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne!
and surely ye'll be your pint-stowp,
and surely I'll be mine,
and we'll tak a cup o kindness yet,
for auld lang syne!
we twa hae run about the braes,
and pou'd the gowans fine,
but we've wander'd monie a weary fit,
sin auld lang syne.
we twa hae paidl'd in the burn
frae morning sun till dine,
but seas between us braid hae roar'd
sin auld lang syne.
and there's a hand my trusty fiere,
and gie's a hand o thine,
and we'll tak a right guid-willie waught,
for auld lang syne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home